Persatuan Arborist Malaysia (PArM) is a non-profit organization that serves as an umbrella body for arboriculture practitioners who are involved in maintenance and management of urban forest trees. Our members are from multiple background which include professional members and students who have passion about the importance of tree care in the urban landscape. The continuous education programs and expertise topics are currently being promoted and shared through our experienced and specialist speakers from ISA Certified Arborist, academicians and researchers from Forest Research Institute of Malaysia and higher level institute of educations in Malaysia. PArM stands for sustainable urban forest landscape. It is to be achieved through best management practice of tree care, professional development and long-term commitment and support. The goal is to create minimum risk environment, safe and conducive urban landscape for our current community and new generation in future.
- To develop, uphold and educate the knowledge of arboriculture in Malaysia.
- To upgrade quality, professionalism and standards of practice in Malaysian arboriculture as of to make the country as an educational reference center in tropical arboriculture services.
- To create Arboriculture Certification in Malaysia [ List of 'Certified Arborist 2005-current' ].
- To adopt arboriculture knowledge in all tree care related education levels towards creating civil, knowledgeable and skilled society.
- To assist in realization of aspirations of the country towards developing the most beautiful state parks.
- To mobilize resources and expertise in establishing conservation and preservation of trees and green areas.
Vision & Mission
- Pioneer in Malaysia Tropical Arboriculture.
- To uplift professionalism in the field of arboriculture and to inculcate public awareness regarding tree benefits and functions.